Blog Directory

Friday, October 5, 2012

TWO YEARS

Two years. It's been over two years since I've posted on this blog.

OK, so I'm not Mr. Consistent. Truth is I've been working on a book. That's right. I'm a soon-to-be published author of a book about golf. Actually, a coffee table book about golf.  It's entitled, "GREEN GLORY: A Visual Tribute To The Courses That Have Hosted The Majors - Golf's Renowned Venues."

It's really a tribute to the work of Patrick Drickey, my friend and world-renowned course photographer, and Linda Hartough, a gifted landscape painter whose work is well-known throughout the sport. It will have an Introduction contributed by Jack Nicklaus (I ghosted) and a tribute to Course Supervisors written by Rees Jones. The rest of it I wrote, except for  a piece by Bob Denny of the PGA, duly credited.  All capably edited by Sally Sportsman.
 
Anyway, the book is in production. I expect it will be on press in November, and released before Christmas.
 
That's what I've been doing the last two years, but it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about the blog or what's written here. Some of this I like very much.  Some is not very good, but I had to get it out... out in the open somewhere. Maybe now I'll begin rewrites, maybe not. I think it was a mistake not publishing it in sequence, but the whole thing needs rewrite so badly perhaps that's the least of its problems.
 
If you've read it, any of it, thank you.
You might check back here from time to time to see what else happens.
Don't know right now what that will be, but I know this:
It will happen here.
 
M    

1 comment:

  1. Book update: Now going thru final proofs. On press this month.

    MEM

    ReplyDelete